Discover what you need to do to land a manufacturing career in the medtech & pharmaceutical sector. For undergrads & academics.
About this Event
If you are interested in a career in the medtech & pharmaceutical (MTP) industry in manufacturing, this is the must-attend event for you!
The MTP sector is growing in Australia, and companies have a high demand for demand for qualified scientists, pharmacists, engineers and biotech graduates and postgrads. BUT you need specific expertise.
The Translational Research Institute (TRI) is bringing together leaders in the industry along with the people who provide the bridging courses you need to secure a job as part of the MTPCareers Symposium in Manufacturing. We’re also celebrating the launch of our new, multimillion dollar Clinical Manufacturing and Training Hub.
Register today so that you don’t miss out.
Who should attend?
This event will suit anyone who is still studying their undergraduate degree through to early career researchers. It is designed to help you understand the sector and the careers which are available to you as well as the wide range of training options available in Australia to help you transition into this specialised field.
How does the symposium work?
The MTPCareers Symposium is an event you can either attend in person at TRI or as a live virtual event.
Attending in person
If you are attending in person, you can opt to attend the entire symposium or just for Session 1 or Session 2.
The number of individual ticket available will be limited by the physical distancing guidelines in place at the time of the event. In the event that COVID-19 Queensland restrictions prohibit anyone attending in person, attendees will be notified and provided an online link.
For attendees who register to attend virtually, we will send links to to access the Talks closer to the event. This event will be available live only at this stage.
TRI’s MTPCareers is free to attend. Register today so that you don’t miss out.
14 October 2020, 8:30am – 2:30pm (Eastern Australia Standard Time)
You can attend virtually (via a Zoom link) or there are limited tickets (COVID-19 Queensland restrictions pending) to attend in person at the TRI auditorium. TRI is located on the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
We have so many presenters for this event!
- Dan Bowskill, MTPConnect
- Prof Ian Barr, Deputy Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza, Doherty Institute
- Kym Baker, General Manager Brisbane, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Dr Angus Forster, Chief Development Officer, Vaxxas
- David Spaulding, Partner & Training Manager, SeerPharma
- Maria Mylonas, Learning & Development Director, PharmOut
- Dr Kamal Dua, Coorindator, Good Manufacturing Practice Programs, University of Technology Sydney
- Prof Lyn Griffiths, Executive Director, IHBI, QUT (Bridge, Bridge Tech & REDI programs)
- Anthony Christian, Australian National Fabrication Facility
- Steve Williams, International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Roberta Lusa, The Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE) – UQ, Masters of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice
- Charles Ross, Head of Clinical Operations & Supply, Vaxxas
- Majella Clifton, Senior Business Manager, Patheon, by Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Dr Paraic O’Cuiv, Lead – Live Biotherapeutics, Microba
- Michael Junger, Medical Device & Process Engineering Head, Vaxxas
- Arman Ergenekon, Cleanroom Services Manager, TRI