The Brisbane Portrait Prize celebrates the city of Brisbane and its people. This is the second year of the Prize, with the Lord Mayor’s Prize of $50,000 attracting over 750 entries.
This exhibition presents the work of 75 finalists – 71 from the main competition and 4 from the Under 18 category.
Attendance at this exhibition remains free, however, to ensure we stay covid-safe, we will require you to book tickets.
Official exhibition hours Tuesday – Sunday, 11am to 5pm.
Exhibition visits are ticketed for for 1 hour blocks, starting at 11am each day
A limited ‘walk in’ tickets will be available for each session, however, in no way can we guarantee availability or capacity at Brisbane Powerhouse. For this reason we encourage you to book in advance.
Covid Safety Notes
Please note it is a condition of entry that you follow social distancing rules and instructions given by staff at all times.
Do not attend the exhibition if:
- You or your guests are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19
- You have been overseas or in a designated hotspot in the last 14 days
- In order to manage Brisbane Powerhouse capacities, you may be required to leave the venue immediately following the conclusion of your exhibition visit.
- If you are enjoying a beverage before or after your event, please ensure you are seated. Adequate seating will be provided.
- If patrons do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be refused entry or asked to leave immediately without further recourse.